Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Passive vs Pro-Active Marketing

Passive- This method of marketing is casting out a wide net to a large mass of people and waiting for them to contact you.  Examples include a group email, group text, groupcast call, an announcement on Facebook or wearing your PR gear and expecting people to ask.

Pro-Active- This method of marketing is sending out personalized messaging or making personal phone calls to a single recipient.  It's a more targeted approach.

Examples-
Email Scripts-
Passive email: Hi!  I wanted to extend a special offer to you.  Valentine's Day is quickly approaching and I am offering an additional $25 in Hostess Credits if you book a party with me in the month of February.
My calendar fills up fast this time of year, so please email me soon if you want to book a party!
Thanks,
__________

Pro-active:  Hi (contact name)
I was going over my upcoming party schedule and had a few dates open next month.  I know your birthday is coming up and thought you would enjoy being showered with free products!  As my hostess, you will receive a FREE gift just for having the party, along with the opportunity to earn over $100 toward the items of your choice!
I have the 7th, 12th, and 21st available.  Keep in mind, we can do a day or evening party on any of the above dates.
Looking forward to hearing from you!
Sincerely,
_____________

Facebook Messages
Passive Facebook Messages
Post on your wall or in your status update

Need a night out with the girls?  Call me to book your party today!

Pro-Active Facebook Messages
Send a personal message to a friend on Facebook

Hi (friend's name)!  It was so nice running into you last weekend.  We talked about going out for happy hour sometime soon.  Does Thursday work for you?  Great!  I will bring a Pure Romance catalog for you so you can see what products I sell at my parties and get a feel for what Pure Romance is all about.

Text Messages
Passive Text Messages
I am offering a bogo sale this month.  Buy a Coochy and get the 2nd one 50% off.  Contact me for more details.

Pro-Active Text Messages
Send a personal text message to a friend/contact

Hi (friend's name)!  I know you love our Coochy and you may even be running out since it has been a few months since your last order.  I thought of you for my bogo special I am having this month!  If you buy one Coochy you can get the 2nd one at 50% off.  I have your favorite scent in stock and I also have new scents you might like.

PRU June 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment